If budget preparation is one of your responsibilities, you know that some line items are more challenging than others. For example, you should have no difficulty budgeting for payments on a long-term loan, and you can probably estimate next year’s sales by combining projections with the most recent year’s actual numbers. However, when it comes to creating an accurate projection for expenses that do not occur annually, things can get a little more complicated. Complications only increase if there are expenses that were never considered previously. One expense that can be tricky to budget for is parking lot maintenance, especially if your predecessors used a hit-and-miss approach or ignored it completely. Whatever your situation might be, there are five important reasons why you should ensure that the cost of maintaining your parking lot is included in your Dallas budget.
What Are Five Reasons to Budget for Parking Lot Maintenance?
In actuality, there are more than five reasons to establish a budget for parking lot maintenance services. However, they can be categorized into five groups: savings, safety, liabilities, reputation, and compliance.
How Does Parking Lot Maintenance Save Money?
Parking lots in the Dallas area are frequently busy places that support a wide variety of vehicle types. When you include the local weather patterns, it is clear to see that your parking lot pavement is going to be subjected to a great deal of stress. Without Dallas parking lot maintenance, your pavement could fail halfway through its expected life, requiring a total reconstruction. Prior to its failure, your pavement will need numerous repairs just to keep it in service. Local parking lot maintenance procedures are typically quite economical, but they can deliver significant long-term savings.
How Does Parking Lot Maintenance Affect Safety?
The services provided by a parking lot maintenance company can help reduce minor vehicle accidents that are often the result of distracted or confused drivers. However, Dallas lot maintenance can be especially beneficial for protecting pedestrians, who will be less likely to slip or trip, fall, and sustain an injury.
What Is the Connection Between Local Parking Lot Maintenance and Liability Concerns?
If you reduce vehicle accidents and personal injuries, you reduce your chances for potential lawsuits. However, neglecting your parking lot repair and maintenance services could also expose you to potential fines or other legal penalties. In particular, violations of the Americans with Disabilities Act can especially devastating to your financial situation.
How Could Parking Lot Maintenance Affect a Company’s Reputation?
People often judge the quality of a company’s goods or services long before they interact with it. If your parking lot is unsightly, has puddles of standing water, or shows obvious damage, their opinion of you could suffer. They may perceive you as indifferent to their comfort and convenience, or they may decide that you pay little attention to details. If so, they may be more reluctant to accept that you can provide them with the quality they want. It can be more difficult for you to attract tenants, customers, or even employees, and your retention rates could be dismal.
What Is the Connection Between Parking Lot Maintenance and Compliance Issues?
Few property managers and business owners have a thorough understanding of every aspect of the ADA and local codes with which their parking lots must comply. On the other hand, successful parking lot maintenance companies must possess such knowledge, and they must remain current on any and all changes.
Which Parking Lot Maintenance Services Are the Most Essential?
You will need to consult a trustworthy Dallas parking lot maintenance contractor to assess your situation and recommend the right services. However, local parking lot maintenance professionals typically consider the following services as the most essential.
1. Parking lot repair, including the repair of cracks and potholes, is essential for safety reasons. However, it is also critical for financial reasons. Unrepaired damage will worsen, resulting in costlier repairs and threatening the very life of your pavement.
2. Parking lot striping helps you achieve legal compliance, but it also improves your curb appeal, makes your parking lot safer and easier to navigate, and helps maintain an orderly flow of traffic.
3. If you have an asphalt parking lot, you should budget for sealcoating every two or three years. Sealcoating excels at preventing asphalt cracks, but it also offers safety and cosmetic benefits.
4. If you have concrete curbing or car stops, your Dallas parking lot maintenance plan should include the repair or replacement of any that are broken or misaligned. This can help eliminate tripping hazards, and it can also help reduce the possibility of damage to vehicles.
5. You should have your parking lot maintenance company include your signage in your plan. Some signs are mandatory for legal compliance, while others are optional signs that can assist pedestrians and drivers in the safe navigation of your parking lot.
To learn more about budgeting for Dallas parking lot maintenance, contact HI-TEK Paving Services. We offer an extensive list of services, including parking lot repair, asphalt paving and overlaying, concrete installation and repair, parking lot striping, and asphalt sealcoating. We have an exemplary reputation for high-quality workmanship and remarkable customer service. You can request a free quote by calling 214-908-9641, completing the online form, or emailing Kevin@HI-TEKPaving.com.