Like most Dallas asphalt crack repair professionals, we classify crack repairs as either crack sealing or crack filling procedures. Crack sealing is typically the preferred asphalt crack repair Dallas TX paving maintenance contractors use. One reason for this is that the majority of asphalt cracks in the area are working cracks, which means they expand and contract when temperatures fluctuate. Working cracks do not lend themselves to crack filling because the movement can disgorge the material, leaving the crack open once more. The material used for crack sealing, however, is rubberized, so it remains flexible enough to endure expanding and contracting without breaking its bond with the pavement.
Regardless of the technique, the basic steps for making an asphalt crack repair in Dallas are as follows.
- We identify the location and type of all cracks. If may be necessary for us to clear away piles of debris, including dead vegetation, dirt, and trash, to ensure that we do not overlook any cracks.
- We will try to determine why the cracks developed, and we will eliminate the source if possible.
- We thoroughly clean the crack’s interior and the adjacent pavement. This is to ensure that the repair material and the pavement will create a strong bond.
- We may route the crack to make it more uniform, smooth its interior walls, or form a reservoir to hold a bit of the repair material.
- When performing a crack filling procedure, we place a filler material inside the crack, and we typically extend the filler a short distance onto the surrounding pavement. As the filler material cures, it becomes hard and inflexible.
- When performing a crack sealing procedure, we use a rubberized crack sealant that remains pliable after it cures. Typically, we place the sealant over the top of the crack, but we may place some of the material inside the crack as well.
When you need a trustworthy, experienced company for an asphalt crack repair in Dallas, contact HI-TEK Paving Services. We are a family-owned, family-operated company serving most towns in the DFW metroplex, including Arlington, Dallas, Duncanville, Forney, Fort Worth, Garland, Grand Prairie, Irving, Mesquite, Plano, and Rockwall. In addition to asphalt crack repair, we offer asphalt paving, parking lot striping, asphalt overlays, parking lot maintenance, concrete installation, asphalt repairs, concrete repairs, and asphalt sealcoating. We have an unblemished reputation for superior service, craftsmanship, consistency, integrity, and professionalism. If you would like to request a free quote, you can call 214-908-9641, complete the online form, or email Kevin@HI-TEKPaving.com.