Commercial pavements may not be the sole reason why your business endeavor fails, but they can significantly contribute to your success. Even if they never communicate the information to you, your customers, tenants, and everyone else subconsciously includes your pavements when forming an opinion of your operation. To help ensure that your commercial paving makes a good first impression, there are a few things you should know.
What Are Some Important Facts About Commercial Paving?
The more you know about commercial paving in Dallas, the easier it will be for you to select the right contractor for your project. Although the following list could be much longer, it covers three essential points.
1. Commercial asphalt paving will require a bit of maintenance throughout its life.
2. Paving companies are typically better equipped and more experienced than most residential paving companies.
3. Commercial asphalt paving offers a number of tangential benefits.
What Maintenance Does Asphalt Paving Require?
Commercial paving in Dallas is usually subjected to high volumes of traffic, and this traffic often includes heavyweight trucks. The weather can also have an impact on the health of local paving. Therefore, you should implement a proactive maintenance plan for your commercial asphalt paving as soon as possible.
1. Sealcoating: Although extremely economical, sealcoating is remarkably effective at blocking UV rays and automotive fluids that can damage asphalt pavements. Sealcoating also protects against fading, and it enhances the pavement’s aesthetics. However, you should not apply sealcoating as soon as your Dallas commercial paving company completes your project. You will need to wait for the asphalt to cure, but this should not take more than three months or so. The paving company that installs your overlay or pavement can give you a precise waiting time as well as a schedule for reapplications.
2. Crack Repairs: Cracks can make the foundation of your pavement vulnerable to water damage. Breaks in your pavement can also pose hazards to pedestrians and cyclists. Significant cracks should be identified and addressed at least once a year.
3. Cleaning: Puddles of automotive fluids, piles of vegetation, and trash need to be removed on a regular basis. This helps improve your property’s appearance, but it can also help prevent damage to your asphalt pavement.
Why Does a Commercial Paving Contractor’s Experience and Resources Matter?
Virtually all projects involving paving in Dallas are much larger in scope than residential paving projects. The experience, equipment, and staffing that a local commercial paving contractor needs are therefore more extensive.
1. Although residential paving projects can often be completed within a day or two, commercial projects can take weeks or even months to complete. Your Dallas paving company will need to have experience in creating and implementing a complex schedule that will ensure timely, high-quality results.
2. Paving in Dallas requires heavy equipment, some of which is extremely expensive. Therefore, not every residential paving company will have access to the equipment needed for a commercial project.
3. A reputable paving company will be able to hire and retain the best staff members, including supervisors, equipment operators, and ground crew. In the end, these are the people who have the greatest bearing on the project’s results.
What Are Some of the Tangential Benefits of Commercial Asphalt Paving?
A Dallas paving company may offer only asphalt paving, concrete paving, or both. Before you make a decision, it is important for you to weigh the advantages and disadvantages of each choice. Here are some benefits of commercial asphalt paving that you might want to consider.
1. A paving company can install an asphalt pavement for less money than a comparable concrete pavement. The installation will also take less time, and you can begin using your new pavement sooner, allowing you to start recouping your investment faster.
2. Commercial asphalt paving is completely recyclable. Furthermore, asphalt pavements do not leach contaminants into the soil or groundwater. Therefore, asphalt paving is an environmentally friendly option.
3. If you proactively maintain your paving in Dallas, you will probably be able to resurface it several times before it needs to be rebuilt. To illustrate, there are some heavily trafficked stretches of interstate highways that were originally constructed more than 60 years ago that have never been rebuilt. Instead, they have been resurfaced periodically, and they have never experienced a major failure.
When you need exceptional commercial paving in the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex, turn to HI-TEK Paving Services. We are a well-respected, highly experienced local commercial paving company with impeccable references and an immaculate reputation. We offer asphalt paving and repair, concrete installation and repair, asphalt overlays, parking lot striping, asphalt sealcoating, parking lot maintenance plans, and asphalt crack repair. To request a free quote, call 214-908-9641, fill out our online form, or email Kevin@HI-TEKPaving.com.