Asphalt pavements are extremely popular with business owners, property managers, state and local agencies, and homeowners throughout America. Just like any paving project, however, the skill of your commercial asphalt paving contractor will play a crucial role in your satisfaction with your new pavement. Therefore, it is important for you to understand the skills that the contractor you hire should possess.
Why Does a Commercial Asphalt Paving Contractor Need the Right Skills?
Commercial paving projects are virtually always larger and more complex than residential paving projects. For example, a lot with just 20 parking spaces could cover an area of more than 6,000 square feet, but a typical residential driveway has an area of approximately 600 square feet. The specifications are usually quite different as well, including how thick the Dallas paving company needs to make the base layers and asphalt courses. Traffic control is often more complicated, more workers are needed, and the right equipment is vital. All these things add complexities that require specific skills to ensure a successful project.
What Are the Skills That a Commercial Asphalt Paving Contractor Should Possess?
When you need to hire a Dallas asphalt paving company, you should take the time to perform some research. You should contact several asphalt companies to obtain detailed, written quotes so that you can easily compare bids. You can ask colleagues, friends, or relatives whether they can recommend a Dallas paving company, or you can conduct an online search. As you interview potential contractors, see if they have the following skills.
1. Asphalt paving contractors in Dallas need the ability to communicate clearly with their customers, especially on a large project. You need to know precisely what your paving company will be doing as well as how and when the work will be done. This means that your contractor must inform you of any significant delays that might arise due to the weather, equipment failure, or unexpected complications.
2. Your contractor must be able to juggle many different tasks at the same time. There will be deliveries of asphalt to schedule, crews to assemble, and equipment to reserve. There may be permits that your contractor needs to obtain, rubble to remove, or excavations to perform.
3. Any experienced paving company knows that a successful project requires paying careful attention to tiny details. Overlooking just one little thing could potentially snowball into a problem that affects your entire project. When evaluating possible contractors, notice whether they discuss the details of your project and stay focused on your conversation.
4. The best commercial paving contractors will want to ensure that they provide you with the best value. They are more than willing to provide you with advice on alternative solutions as well as future pavement maintenance. They are also prepared to explain the reasons behind their recommendations.
5. Your asphalt paving contractor must understand how to read the surrounding terrain to judge how runoff could impact your pavement. Proper drainage is critical for commercial pavements, so your contractor must be able to determine the number and location of catch basins and other parts of the drainage system.
HI-TEK Paving Services is an experienced, respected company offering exceptional commercial paving services to clients in the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex. We offer asphalt paving, parking lot striping, asphalt overlays, sealcoating, asphalt crack repairs, customized parking lot maintenance plans, asphalt repairs, concrete installation, and concrete repairs. We are known for our exemplary craftsmanship and professional customer service. If you would like to request a free quote, you provide your details by emailing Kevin@HI-TEKPaving.com, submitting the online form, or calling 214-908-9641.